A broken pipe is the worst kind of surprise, it’s also a very serious problem. In just moments, water rushes into your home, causing expensive damage and an instant headache. Lucky for you, Dover Plumbing Company is available 24-hours a day to aid you in this type of emergency. We’ll quickly locate the problem pipe and repair the damage, or replace the required parts.
There are several common causes for burst pipes including:
- Freezing: When the news calls for a cold snap make sure you leave your faucets on with a slight stream. If the water in your pipes freeze, it expands, putting a great deal of pressure on the inner pipe wall. If the pipe can no longer withstand the pressure it ruptures.
- Clogs: Clogged drains or toilets are common contributors leading to plumbing leak repair. Pressure builds behind a clog, when the pipe can no longer handle it, it bursts.
- Chemical drain cleaners: We get it, drain cleaners are cheaper than calling a plumber. But, using chemical drain cleaners too often will weaken and erode the pipe, this creates thin patches that are prone to blow outs.
Dover Plumbing Company in Houston, is here to assist you with your emergency 24-hours a day 365 days a year.
Here are some of the best ways to prevent pipe leak repair in the future:
- Insulate your pipes with simple foam insulation to prevent freezing.
- Seal any cracks or holes in the wall that could allow cold air in.
- Make sure all clogged toilets and drains are repaired quickly.
- Avoid chemical drain cleaners. Instead, invest in regular drain cleaning appointments.